Tumblr is like my extended journal. I use it to post about things that I like: travel, TV, film, music, beautiful women and feminism.
I also post personal stuff (because isn't that what the internet is for now?) to make sense of life. So this might be pretty dull. soz.
C'est la vie.
Might have actually convinced my boyfriend to spend next summer with me in Southeast Asia. Already excited.
It would be quite nice if I lived on my own or at least not with randoms because then I could just walk around in a t shirt and pants without having to worry about putting on more clothes.
Tether - CHVRCHES
Feel incapable of / Seeing the end / Feel incapable of / Saying it’s over
Milky Way Over Mount Rainier
Image Credit: Paula Cobleigh
- Bill Murray in Caddyshack. Just… what
- My boss advising me to use cock rings in my sex life
- Looking after a woman twice my age who had drank too much
- Dancing on the table - literally
- Giving one of my colleagues drunken - and probably quite poor - advice on his relationship with his son
- Singing Come On Eileen in a karaoke bar in Soho at 2am
- Starting off the night with an espresso martini but ending it by telling my boss that we needed a round of jaegerbombs for everyone on the company card
- Getting into G-A-Y and then being kicked out 30 seconds later
- Sitting in Liverpool Street station at 5am contemplating whether to get the nightbus home or to stay up for the first train
Just realised that it is in fact Sunday night not Saturday which means I need to go to bed now instead of 3am if I have any chance of making it through Monday at work.
Inflating a set of cat lungs
Lungs are by most accounts mundane. Everybody has them, few give it much thought. But sequestered within darkness of the chest cavity, enveloping the fluttering heart, there’s a incredible wonder to this oddly inflatable organ.
Dissection is a destructive process. Rudely excised from membranous mooring and nourishing vessels, the deflated lungs appear little more than bloodied meat; amorphous and exposed…….until a breath of air unfurls its secret glory.
Here, a set of cat lungs is inflated with a straw. Comprised of hundreds of millions of microscopic air sacks called aveoli, Mammalian lungs harbor air capacity that is difficult to believe unless seen. The color of the entire organ lightens into a soft pink, as each microscopic sac fills with air.
A debt of gratitude is owed to cyborgraptor for her assistance in creating these gifs, as well as the students that help me film this demo.
So weird to see the lungs deflated and imagine that my each of mine once looked a bit like that for some weeks at a time in my body.